The Frustrations of Do It Yourself Carpet Cleaning
Which stains should be pretreated? Do I blot or scrub? Which carpet cleaner is best to buy? Will these chemicals harm my carpet? What about my kids or pets? These are all good questions. Our favorite answer is always “regular cleanings by a professional“. However, some ‘in-between-cleanings’ advice can be helpful.
7 Important Lesson for Spot & Stain Removal
- Remove as much dirt or debris as possible BEFORE applying any water or stain removal chemicals.
- Always BLOT wet stains with a DRY cloth.
- Apply chemicals only AFTER TESTING on an out-of-sight piece of carpet, upholstery or flooring.
- Allow time for the chemicals to do their work. (Read the instructions. Follow them.)
- Blot and Dab. Blot and Dab. (with a CLEAN dry cloth)
- Don’t give up. Sometime repeating steps is your best approach.
- Vacuum well after any cleaning.
Do-It-Yourself Carpet Cleaning
Spot and stain removal can sometimes be accomplished with some hands and knees patience and trendy off-the-shelf stain removal products. It is a VERY GOOD IDEA to stay on top of stains in between professional cleanings. If you’re a clean freak and want to tackle a few stain and odor problems yourself, find out what Top Ten Reviews had to say about at home carpet cleaning machines. Do it yourself carpet cleaning is fun! (Kinda like painting fences)
Of course, the Dynamic Carpet Care family would love to be a part of your cleaner and healthier home. So here’s a few reasons to have a pro regularly clean your carpet or rugs:
- Improved Air Quality
- Reduce Mold Spores
- Eliminate or Reduce Odors
- Extended Carpet Life
- Extended Protection
- Experience & Expertise
- Guaranteed Quality Service
Stay Tuned For More Carpet Care Talk
Dynamic Carpet Care of Tulsa, OK wants to be your family’s choice for carpet, tile and upholstery care. Whether you have just one high traffic family room or a mansion on a hill, we can help keep your home healthy and clean year-round. More carpet talk is coming soon.
Thanks for being part of our carpet care family!